Monday, October 22, 2007

Autumn Manz

7 years ago I went on a missions trip to Canada. It was such a wonderful time of growth and blessing. On my trip there, I met this wonderful girl named Kendall. We've kept in touch over the years and she even has a blog which I frequent daily. 9 months ago she found out that she was pregnant and these past 9 months of posts have been filled with the life of an expectant mom. Showers. Getting the nursery ready. Waiting. Excitement. Expectation. She was full-term and found out that her little baby's heart stopped beating. On the 21st she gave birth to her still-born baby, Autumn Manz. I just found out about this last night and my heart has been devastated for her and her husband. It has made me hold Cael just a little bit tighter. And know that God in His goodness and His sovereignty has allowed this to happen. So please keep Kendall and Kurt in your prayers. Especially this week as they work on funeral preparations. My heart aches and grieves for them right now during this time of loss.

2 comments:

  1. Having Just given birth to a little girl a week ago, when I read her blog last night I couldn't stop the heavy tears rolling down my face. I had a really good cry and am still upset. Seeing the photo of her kissing her baby just sent me off the edge. I will continue to pray for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I can't even imagine what that would be like! I went to their website and was so encouraged by their faith and trust in the Great God we serve! I will definitely be praying for them!

    On another note, I wanted to let you know that I am having a baby shower for Tracee on Nov. 4th at 2:00 pm. I meant to bring you the invitation to church yesterday but forgot it. I just wanted you to know...hope you can come. :)

    ReplyDelete