This is going to be a random post of a few things...
We have a good friend who is in law enforcement. Yesterday I was sitting in Cael's room, which faces the street, with the sliding glass door open, reading to him. All of a sudden, I heard over a loudspeaker "Melissa P., come out with your hands up" To say that my heart stopped is an understatement. I turned and looked outside and there is our friend, sitting in his law enforcement vehicle, grinning from ear to ear. Funny guy. Hilarious! I stepped onto the balcony with Cael and we waved. Hope you had a good laugh at me, Mr. Law Enforcement :)
Yesterday was also Cael's 6 month check up. It was a good one. I spent a lot of time asking the Dr. questions about acceptable foods, medicines, and all sorts of interesting stuff. Cael was on his best behavior yesterday. He cooed, laughed, and played with the Dr., who dangled his stethoscope for Cael to bat at. The Dr. was so taken by Cael that he was almost distracted by me, boring ole mom. It was pretty hilarious actually to see this Dr. who couldn't stop playing with and tickling Cael. And at one point, Cael even snuggled up to him by wrapping his arms around the Dr.'s arm and laying his head down on the Dr.'s hand. Soo cute! Cael weighs a whopping 20 pounds, 9 ounces by now! And is almost 28 inches long. He is definitely nice and healthy, which is such a blessing!
I've been decorating for Christmas and last night we got our tree. Pictures to come soon!!
That would make my heart stop too! I guess when you're in law enforcement you can do lots of things to scare your friends :).
ReplyDeleteIt's nice that Cael is so friendly, especially since you and Gus are in leaders in Crossroads. He's going to be surrounded by lots of strangers his whole life--he might as well start early being a schmoozer :).