Monday, May 12, 2008

Featuring...

At Grace it is missions month, where they are emphasizing missions, including short term trips and our missionaries. Missionaries are some of my favorite people! They have sacrificed so much to serve so much in a foreign country so far away. Gus & I are privileged to personally know a few of Grace's missionaries so I hope to feature them on my blog for you all to get to know them more...


This week, the first missionary to be featured is Natalie Rehurek...
Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
She is currently serving in Samara, Russia with her husband Jon and their two adorable boys. She has a blog, Natalie and the boys which you should check out! Being Grace missionaries, they also have a missionary adoption page here.

I have known Natalie from afar for a long, long time as we both grew up at Grace together, in the High School department. Then when I was very, very pregnant, her mother and my mother in law (whom are very good friends) threw me a shower. Natalie, who had just flown in from Russia the day before and was very pregnant herself, spoke at this shower. It was such a great talk and was such a blessing to me. We sparked up a friendship which has grown despite our distance of thousands and thousands of miles away and different continents. I hope you enjoy getting to know her more over these next few days as I "interview" her. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this Melissa. You are a real encouragement to my heart and this is a great way for you to support missionaries. I can't wait to learn more about other missionaries.

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete