Every day Cael has crib time, where he plays with toys in his crib, listens to music, with the lights on in the room. He has this for about 30 minutes at a time, usually when I need to be productive...
Today was like any other day. I put him in his crib for play time so I could get dinner prepared. All of a sudden, I heard him crying. Like he was hurt. I ran in to check on him and guess what? Cael was out of the crib. On the ground. As in he had climbed out of his crib!! Let me just say that one more time because I am still in shock. Cael climbed out of his crib, all by himself!
Guess what Gus will be doing as soon as he gets home? Moving the crib mattress down ALL the way!! Or else I shall be purchasing one of those nets which keeps them IN the crib, no matter what!
Cael is following in his aunts tradition of being climbers...Katie climbed out of her crib, and fell asleep in the closet which totally freaked us out because we couldn't find her for a few minutes. Emily climbed up the ladder onto the roof, after my dad.
I'm not ready for this. Gone are the days when all Cael could was lie there and not move. How ironic, too, that tho he isn't walking, he is climbing. Out of his crib!!
OH BOY!! Watch out world, here comes Cael!
ReplyDeleteI climbed out of my crib when I was little too and I fell on a wooden building block and had to get stitches on my forehead. So good thing it wasn't worse. And if you ever get bunkbeads, watch out for the ladder that rests on the pole. I was caught hanging there by my neck a couple of times!
ReplyDeleteErik was cracking up when I told him about Cael getting out of his crib. We then discussed how freaky it would be to be woken up in the middle of the night by Samantha saying, "Ma ma ma ma" next to our bed (if she somehow managed to get out of her crib). I hope Cael doesn't figure out how to open doors anytime soon :).
ReplyDeleteI've wondered how long it's going to be before Elyanna does the same...she's figured out she can climb on chairs and even climbed up on our desk the other day! Keeping us busy! Hope you are doing well:-)
ReplyDeleteOh no! That's funny :-)
ReplyDeleteI've been so scared of that day with my own son! I made sure Travis lowered the mattress down all the way a few months ago because I was already worrying about it. Well, the good news is that Cael wasn't hurt and you caught him doing it so hopefully now you guys can make climb-out proof. But the climbing out fo the crib thing definitely has me worried!
ReplyDeleteGuess we'd better keep our crib tent handy... we may need it again in a few months. :-)
ReplyDelete