Tuesday, September 9, 2008

the Blonde Tornado

I've had a few comments lately because I haven't been posting as consistently. Let's just say that I've been conserving energy. Because my son never stops moving! I knew it was bad when, after my mom babysat him a few times, her consistent comment was that he is "busy." And then, after my in-laws babysat him, when we came to pick him, they both looked exhausted from chasing him around. But the icing on the cake was when we hung out recently with Mike & Jennie at their house. By the time we left, Cael had eaten spaghetti and gotten it everywhere, gone into every room and had to be removed countless times (until we wised up and just closed all the doors in their house!), climbed onto their couch and spit-up, oh and what else? I don't remember specifics except that as we were leaving I felt like Cael had left a disaster! Mike left me a comment on my Facebook page how much they enjoyed having the blonde tornado over and that's when it clicked. That is my son! He is blonde. And is a tornado!! What a perfect way to describe Cael. It's not that he is mischevious or that I don't watch him. He is just a blonde tornado!  It makes me tired just thinking about his ever constant activity. Phew! 

Looking back over my collection of pictures from the past month or so, about when he started walking and it all begun, it cracked me up that, even in these random pictures, Cael is so well portrayed as... the blonde tornado...

Mimi & Abue's front porch, getting into everything

With this always present determined look on his face

He loves sticks. This is mimi's broom, twice his size, and he carried it with him everywhere!

His frustrated face that, once again, his adventure is ruined

Notice the stick in hand...

This is what he does when someone is in the bathroom. He sits outside, complaining loudly, yelling, pounding on the door, and sticking his hand under the crack between the floor and door, asking to come in. It's pretty funny and we promise we never let him do this to guests!

He LOVES shoes. Right now, for the life of me, I cannot find one of my favorite flip flops, which I'm sure he's hidden under a couch or our bed

Here he is in my parents back yard, with that determined face to master walking on grass!

His "woooow I just tasted chocolate" face!
 Saying "wow" is his newest word. It's absolutely hilarious and I'm going to try and capture it on video. 

5 comments:

  1. Cael reminds me sooooo much of Nathan. I call Nathan hurricane Nathan Every single thing you mentioned from the shoes to the bathroom scenes are an exact replica of Nathan's doings. You just gotta love boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa-
    Your blog text and photos are true high points. Mr. Cael aka tbh (the blond hurricane) is so much fun to be with. We just need to time his visits to just before we go on a restful vacation break. This is especially true if we have to babysit. Yes he is busy. But so were you! You would run at top speed down the hallway, thru the living room, thru the kitchen, and back down the hallway. Even right after surgery! The brunette tornado!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dad's comment about you running is so funny! Cael takes after you! I didn't know Mike called him the blonde tornado- heehee. We love him so much and we don't care what he does to our house. It's always worth it because even when he's being a tornado, he's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha, Alicia does the same thing outside the bathroom! :o) And, like you, I must watch her closely when we have guests.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cael's antics at the bathroom door are sweet justice for the antics you did when young.

    ReplyDelete