Thursday, October 9, 2008

Cheese Sauce

For dinner tonight I made broccoli with cheese sauce. The sauce called for 1 TB flour, 1 c milk, 1/2 c cheddar cheese and 3 tb parmesan cheese, plus various spices. It was pretty thick and even had a nice orange color but honestly didn't taste cheesy enough for me. What a disappointment! Anyone else make cheese sauce and have a better recipe or any tips? 

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're gonna think I'm crazy... Background: Last month I splurged on a jar of cheese sauce because I had a guest coming and I wanted to offer soft baked pretzels with cheese. So that was consumed quickly, but the other day, I was really wanting a pretzel and cheese sauce! I only had the pretzel, so I heated up some yellow squash puree and mixed in a little parmesan cheese . It was soooo satisfying! Now you've got me craving it... Thanks!!! :) :) :) It's amazing how creamy and yummy squash puree can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always add way more cheese than recipes call for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how much is a terabyte [TB] of flour, anyway? Is it a lot?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i do and I will get it too you. I love making cheese sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for all your comments and tips! yetta i totally want that recipe because i want to make cheese sauce again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I finally got my cheese sauce recipe up on my blog today-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete