Monday, May 11, 2009

Graduation!!

Yesterday marked a HUGE landmark for our family. Gus graduated from the Master's seminary with his Master's of Divinity degree. The Lord has been so very faithful over the past 5 1/2 years and we are so thankful! I am incredibly proud of Gus and the incredible student he was. Never once did I feel neglected nor did I ever see him do a bad job on any assignment he was given. He is such an example to me of a faithful student of the Word of God and I feel so privileged to be married to Gus who wants to pursue full-time ministry.

We had so much fun at the graduation!! Something that shocked all of us was that Gus was the 1000th graduate! Dr. Mayhue announced before handing out the diplomas that someone would be that student but it would be a surprise. Just before Gus was ready to go up, my mom and sisters leaned over and said it was Gus-they had counted twice!! And then I heard all these papers rustling and the tension rise in the sanctuary, as they realized Gus was the one. Dr. Mayhue paused from reading out the names, looked over at Gus and said, Gus...you are the man. The 1000th graduate!!" The sanctuary erupted in applause (which had been strictly forbidden until everyone was finished) and it was such a great moment. Gus was stunned with surprise and it was so neat to watch him be "the one!"

Afterwards of course we had a huge party with some of the other graduates. It was a huge blessing to have so many people come from far and wide to celebrate with us. A special shout-out to Matt & Julie Waymeyer for driving over 4 hours. Julie, I know you read this blog :) so I just had to say thanks for coming all that way and we're sorry we didn't get to talk more to both of you last night!!

Here are my favorite pictures from the night...





And here is a slideshow of all the pictures from the night. Congratulations again Gus!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We are so happy for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the both of you. And how exciting that Gus was the 1000th!!! Just great.
    Gus has been a great example and I am so happy to hear how he has kept his family a priority!

    ReplyDelete