This is the blog post I have been waiting over a year to post! As some of you may know, Gus went to Spain last summer and when he returned we started praying about going to Spain permanently as missionaries. This past year has been one of much excitement for us as we've been seriously considering this new change for our future. It was important for me to go as a confirmation of our ministry plans, which is why we joined Gus in this last trip. Even though it was a whirlwind of a trip, just a few short days, I loved it so much. The trip was such a blessing in so many ways and as I look at all the pictures I took (over 450 in total!) I cannot believe we were just there. Like I said in my last post, I really feel that the Lord has knitted my heart and affections with my husband to go and serve as a missionary in this country. This trip was a combination of seeing the city of Leon, which is about 4 hours north of Madrid, and meeting and establishing relationships with the people there-probably the hugest blessing. The hardest thing for me was leaving. I was very sad to go and cannot wait to return. In fact if it was up to us, we would leave tomorrow. Please pray for us as we pursue this next step...
Our plan is hopefully within the next year to move to Leon and live in the city. Our ministry will consist in helping at the church and at the Bible institute, called Efeso. Please be praying for our language acquisition, since I of course need to learn Spanish but am excited to do so. Gus only might need to brush up on his grammar. There is a university there that has great programs for me and I am sure within a few months I will be well on my way to beginning to learn the language.
We covet your prayers soo much as we pursue this ministry. We have prayer cards printed so if you want one, let me know. Please also stop by the Plaza fellowship, if you go to Grace, on Sunday, to our table for prayer cards and a newsletter-our first!
I posted some pictures on Facebook
here, which is only part one of the many albums I'm sure I'll post. And eventually I want to put some of my favorite pictures here.
Thanks for your prayers and support!
How's cael?
ReplyDeleteWow! We'll be praying for you as you prepare for this exciting opportunity!
ReplyDeleteTry loading language podcasts and learning material on your iPod. Great when you work out!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you! Also praising God for answered and favorable prayers.
ReplyDelete