Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 17

Every night we put our kids to bed and once they fall asleep we bring our monitors out to the cafeteria tables with our laptops and hang out. There's a group of us that does this every night and it's definitely one of my favorite times of the day that I look forward to. We've made friendships that we hope we'll keep for a loong long time...

Here is Billy and Kristie, who are from Philly and going to Paris to work in the inner city there

Johanna and Chris are from Canada and going to Bolivia

And of course the Mollicas, who like to take interesting and exciting pictures!


This morning we started off devotions with a time of worship. It was awesome!


Then for our drills we had Barbara. I know I've said it before but she is so cute and funny. I will miss her. This afternoon's drill we had a little too much fun together. She was a really good sport about it though!

We all took funny pictures...Billy and Kristie

Massimo & Susanna

Hans and Jennifer. I didn't take their picture last night but they also sit with us at nights. They're from Arizona and going to Spain also! They're not exactly sure where they'll be stationed, once they're done with language school, but we're hoping it's close and we can celebrate holidays together.

Gus played a joke on Massimo today by announcing that it was his birthday. It's not but Gus likes to do that from time to time. He announced it during lunch time and started singing happy birthday to him. Within 30 seconds everyone was singing to him. Susanna and I couldn't stop laughing. Massimo's face was priceless! So of course we had to wish him happy birthday on the community board. And his FB page too. If you know him, you all should go and wish him happy birthday on FB too!!

Ok here's another fun picture. Billy's and Kristie's youngest daughter is named Bella. She's 2 and absolutely adorable. Though all of their 5 kids are. But we just love saying her name. Whenever we see her, we say BBBBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAA. So here is Gus, holding Bella, saying her name like we always say it. So funny!

After dinner we went out front and the sky was beautiful!

The boys played basketball

And Cael played with the rocks for a bit

Then had to run around. He is a natural born runner, I tell ya!

He found a scouter, much to his delight

But all of that is such hard work. A boy needs his rest!

Tomorrow is our last full day of PILOT. While I'm happy to resume our roadtrip, I will miss this place and most of all the friends that we've made!

1 comment: