Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 18

Today was our last full day of PILOT. After a brief session tomorrow morning and lunch, we leave. I honestly have been kind of sad all day today, it has been that much fun and beneficial to be here!!

Here is Coen on Gus' shoulder. He's changing so much lately, especially when he smiles...



So today Dwight asked for volunteers and my wonderful husband choose me. How kind of him. It was actually kind of fun. Here I am up front. I was asked what we do to celebrate Thanksgiving and it was demonstrating another method we learned today, which is excellent, btw and I cannot wait to use it!

Here is Gus in our last drill. It was supersuper hard today, especially so, probably because it was our last one!

Greta leading us in our last drill. Sad!

Today was also monumental because Coen officially started solids. He had prunes and cereal for breakfast, peas, cereal and prunes for lunch and dinner. Between all 3 meals he consumed 2 whole little containers of food! He was pretty happy with the food, especially the peas! He was spitting up SO MUCH. Like I'm talking what seemed 1/2 the bottle. It was unbelievable how much he was spitting up. Yet he was only getting 6 oz and crying when he was done because he was still hungry. So my solution is what I did with Cael. He gets food when he wakes up from his nap and then the bottle right before he goes down. That way when he gets up, he won't spit up because his bottle is fully digested. It's great!



Here is Gus and Coen at dinner. Our last dinner!


Tomorrow we hope to leave by noon, since we have a 12 hour without stopping drive. To Nebraska. I went to Walmart last night and stocked up again on snacks and toys so I feel equipped for the drive and am excited to see other parts of the country. Please pray for travel mercies tomorrow!!

1 comment: