What a day today has been!
Coen, in his bumbo seat. It's the most convenient way to feed him on the road and he does well with it.

We had our last session this morning with Dwight. It was so good! He was really encouraging.

Then Barbara got up and we had our last transcription session. Do you see all those symbols on the board? Well we learned, during the past 2 weeks what every one of those are, and today was the last test. It was encouraging to see how much we've learned because 2 weeks ago I would have had no clue what any of them meant and today I know what most of them mean and how they sound.

One last meal with the Mollicas at the table we sat at for every meal

Meet Brian and Melissa Verdugo. We met them the second day and discovered that they go to Grace! We were all so shocked because we've never met. But I guess we shouldn't, since it's such a big church. They're going to South Africa to work with Youth for Christ. Such a sweet couple; we're planning on getting together with them in August!

One last picture with the Campbells. We were all eating lunch and then all of a sudden everyone realized it was time to go. There was all this mayhem as everyone was taking last minute pictures, exchanging prayer cards, etc. I was so sad to leave. Who knew that in just 2 weeks we would become so close with these people? Not me! What a blessing this time has been and we are looking forward to seeing them again in Europe-we're already making Thanksgiving plans :)

We stopped for dinner and Cael had to climb up on these; he loves playing on them! I was laughing though because he had to scoot all the way forward to hold onto the handle bars!

So thus ended PILAT and our stay at MTI. Gus and I had a great debrief about it in the car and we are both so glad that we went. I didn't expect it would be so great and I feel much more confident about learning Spanish. It definitely gave both of us tools for language learning, in my case, and language proficiency in Gus' case. I am excited to start using the tools.
Please continue to pray for the rest of our trip. We are in Nebraska for a few days. Lincoln tonight and tomorrow then Omaha tomorrow night through Wednesday visiting some very dear friends.







We are fallowing you guys in all your journey, thanks Melissa for the updates, help us to pray with knoledge.
ReplyDeleteLove