For me day 24 started last night after we left Nebraska. Though to be honest most of the drive is kind of a blur. Because of Gus' eye injury, he couldn't keep it open so I had to drive. The whole night, without sleeping at all. I had no idea I had this in me; normally it's hard for me to stay awake after driving just a few hours. But last night I think I was running on adrenaline which carried me through until about 2 o clock this afternoon. Plus I ate sunflower seeds almost nonstop. They really help you stay awake! But I get ahead of myself...back to last night...It was sunset when we drove away and it was beautiful! There was also a thunderstorm and lots and lots of lightning. It was breathtaking to see the flashes of light constantly coloring the sky. I'd never seen a storm such as that!

And then Illinois. We actually stopped for breakfast here at a McDonald's, at sunset. So beautiful!
Here is the St Louis Arch, which is referred to as the gateway to the midwest. St Louis is a really cool city, especially at sunrise.


One of the highlights of the trip was today when we drove over the Mississippi river at Sunrise. SO beautiful. I'd never seen the Mississippi and it was so big. Wide. What a treat and I'm so glad we drove over it at Sunrise.


Sorry this picture doesn't do it justice at all. It was hard to get a picture over the bridge, despite the car windows. But you can take our word that it was gorgeous.


And finally into Kentucky! It is so cool to be in the South! Being a history major and especially being interested in US history, it's incredible to be in the South, where there is so much history. I'm looking forward to the next few days as we will be in Kentucky then drive farther south even. What a treat.
Here are some pictures of Kentucky as we drove through. It is beautiful. So green. With lots of trees. And gentle rolling hills. Kentucky is famous for their horses and we saw lots today, in big green pastures with red farmhouses nearby. I hope to get a picture tomorrow. Love it.




You can pray for Gus tomorrow as he meets with Chase and the church here to talk about Spain. We are encouraged and excited by the many meetings and people we've been able to have so far and hopeful to see where the Lord takes all these!








Can't believe all the places you've been! Isn't our country amazing? How are the kids holding up? How much longer till you're back?
ReplyDeleteJess,
ReplyDeleteYeah our country truly is amazing! The kids are actually doing super well. Coen is oblivious and Cael is enjoying all the people and friends he's met and made. Both are sleeping well so that's great! We'll be back next Saturday but then we'll be gone for the Missions Conference.
"Where Education Pays"? Is that how they inspire their residents to stay in school? Erik and I love road trips. I'm glad your boys are doing so well on yours!
ReplyDelete