This morning we left Bowling Green and headed to Louisville (pronounced Looville with marbles in your mouth.) The drive was amazing. It is so green and beautiful in Kentucky!! This is such a wonderful state...


We stopped off the freeway to give Coen his bottle. There was a sign with an arrow to a Civil War battlefield. Gus and I looked at each other and we were like "We gotta go!!!!" It was through this super quaint little town to the Battle for the Bridge...

We got out of the car. And were so giddy. I took whole classes in college about the Civil War and never thought I would make it to an actual battlefield!

Tents that the soldiers slept in. I could totally envision the solders as they marched towards the battle. Imagined the crunch of the rocks under their feet. Even imagined the famous Rebel yell!!


Then we got back onto the freeway but had to get off a few exits later to get gas. And guess what sign we saw then? Ones to Abraham Lincoln's birthplace! Again we looked at each other and just had to go. I'm used to LA where there is no such history. Haha here it is around ever corner, or so it seems!



After our little excursions we headed to Louisville and our final destination, Southern Baptist Seminary. They have a beautiful campus!

One of my friends whom I went to Elementary through High school with now works at Southern. They have a hotel here and he offered to put us up in a room. What a room! We walked in and there was a gift basket for us...

It was a suite! Here is the living room...




















No comments:
Post a Comment