Today we had the privilege of going to Fairview Baptist church here in Paris, Tennessee. Gus was given a few minutes in the service to present....



He did a great job, as always. Afterwards we experienced something super unique. The pastor stands at one of the doors and invited us to stand next to him. The entire congregation exited through those doors and shook our hands. The entire congregation. This receiving line I guess is pretty common in this denomination but I had never experienced this before. It was interesting and we met some sweet people. Here is what the church looks like on the outside...nice building!


After lunch and naps we had a real treat today. Scott's boss owns a boat on the 2nd largest lake in the US and we spent a few hours on it. It was awesome!!! Neither Cael nor Coen had been on one before and we had so much fun...
Ok so there are a few sunset pictures. I love sunsets. And I love water. And I especially love when they're combined....

One last picture. What our boat looked like.
Thanks Birds for a great stay with you and on the boat too!! We had a blast!I can't believe that 4 weeks ago tonight we headed out on this roadtrip. In some ways it feels like forever ago. But in some ways it feels like yesterday that we left. While I am getting tired of living out of a suitcase and doing so much packing and unpacking, I was getting kind of sad the other day thinking that we only have a week left of this trip. Looking back it's been such an incredible time and we've had so many wonderful experiences and met and enjoyed so many great people. Everyone has been so incredibly kind to us. If you read this blog and have hosted us, thank you again for being so great to us! We've made memories that I will never forget.
Tonight we leave for Texas! Starting to head home. I've always wanted to visit Texas so here we come! We'll be in Dallas for a night after we've driven through the night, tonight. We've kind of become used to and now really prefer night driving when we have a long drive, since it's so much easier. And as long as we take turns driving, it's not that hard on either of us. So think and pray for us as you snuggle down in your warm beds tonight :)





















No comments:
Post a Comment