Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 14

After leaving Chicago, we drove through the night to Nebraska, where we are here for a few days. Today was a pretty normal day and I felt like we mostly recuperated from our day yesterday. So I didn't take any pictures today (gasp!) Instead, here are all my pictures from Chicago, as promised. I hope all of them aren't boring. I just couldn't choose a few, since it's such a great city!!

First glimpses of the city! Love these huge buildings and skyscrapers!!!




Once we finally found a place to park, after maneuvering the really bad traffic and very aggressive drivers, we walked to where we ate lunch. L'Appetito. It is an Italian deli that has the best sandwiches I've ever had. They were huge and delicious. The bread was a foccacia bread with tomatoes and cheese on top of it. We were so hungry that we ate them before I even thought to take a picture of it, but believe me they were amazing.

Then we walked down Michigan avenue, the Magnificent Mile. There were so many stores. And the buildings so tall and overwhelming. Cael couldn't believe his eyes!

I love the color of fall!!

We kept walking, down to Lake Michigan. I was laughing that they put sand down in front of it. Their version of the beach!


Then we walked back up Michigan Avenue to Millenium Park and found the famous bean! I've always wanted to see it!!


Cael had fun sticking his tongue out at himself...

Here's what it looks like when you walk underneath it and look directly up at the top...

And here it is from afar. And Gus is standing in front of it, though he looks so small you can hardly see him.

This is what happens when I tell Cael I want to take a picture of him...



Then we walked further into the park and saw this cool structure...

And to this amazing fountain!!



Coen enjoyed being in the stroller and seeing all the sights!

Then I turned around and saw this new view of the city with the fountain in it. Wow what a city!!

Ok and another picture of Coen in the stroller!

Then we walked around the Loop and watched the L Train go by. Cael by this time was in the stroller and both boys had fun being together.

Our destination? Giordano's! Chicago style pizza.

It takes 35 minutes once you order it to arrive, so we had fun hanging out waiting for it to arrive!

Ok this picture is hilarious! Coen was so excited that I bent near to him that he thought I was giving him a hug. He's become quite affectionate and excited when you pay attention to him. So cute and yet funny at the same time because of his expression!

And here is a more normal picture of us two!

And after much waiting, here is our pizza. It was worth waiting for. And quite amazing. The pieces are gynormous. And stuffed with cheese. With a tomato sauce that is divine. And a crust that is seriously awesome.

After dinner, we headed out to walk back to our car, which was now nightime. I think the city becomes even more beautiful with the lights!






And then we were done, sadly enough, touring the great city of Chicago!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing! All that hard work of traveling is worth it! You are making some great memories! Makes me want to travel too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures Melissa!!! Makes me want to go visit Chicago!!!

    ReplyDelete