Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 24, part a

I can't believe how long it's been since I last blogged. After leaving Yakima, we drove to the Seattle area and stayed 2 lovely nights with a family, which we really enjoyed, but unfortunately they didn't have wireless internet. Then we drove through 2 nights and blogging wasn't possible. Which brings me to today, where I hope to get caught up on the past few days. And I will try not to be as spotty in my blogging :)

So after leaving Yakima, we drove to Seattle. What a beautiful drive!! Trees turning color. Mountains covered with snow. Hills. Green. Yellow. Wide open skies. Definitely a highlight of the trip!





We stayed right outside Seattle so we drove in for the afternoon to the downtown area of Seattle. Here's a glimpse of the city from the fwy. What a beautiful city!

Love the skyscrapers!



We miraculously found parking and started out walking around. Coen was happy to be out of the carseat :)



Love this sign!!

And this one too...

And then we walked into the market. Fresh fish was everywhere and this booth was throwing fish and singing songs. So fun!



The boys in the stroller!

We couldn't come here without eating clam chowder in sourdough bread bowls. So yummy!!

And of course we had to visit the original Starbucks!

The original logo. It's a very inconspicuous store and unless you were looking for it, you wouldn't know it's the original store...


View of the inside...

Then we drove to the space needle and enjoyed more signs of fall on the streets of Seattle...


And finally...the Space needle!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I'm so excited about our trip there next month (Seattle, I mean)!

    And look at Coen with his two bottom teeth :). He's looking so old!

    ReplyDelete