Monday, October 18, 2010

Days 22 and 23

Yesterday morning, after we checked out of our hotel in Spokane, we went to the laundromat. There was much laundry to be done, especially because of the 10 outfits Cael went through just a few days ago. It's been years since I was at a laundromat and this one was...well...a little run down. But it did the job! And I am so thankful for clean clothes!!

They had these super old video games that Cael had fun playing with and kept him busy for a while...

Our next stop was to find some warmer clothes. It's been super cold up here and Gus & I mostly have summer clothes. Back in Nebraska, Julie took me to a really great thrift store and I found some steals. So we decided to see if there were any good thrift stores in Spokane. Gus found Value Village online. And off we went. Let me tell you...it was unbelievable. It was at least the size of Costco, with so much stuff!! I couldn't believe it. It was so well organized-even down to sizes. What thrift store has sizes sorted? I was able to find both of us several pieces of clothing and spent what I would have spent on a sweater, had I been in a regular store. I am addicted to thrift store shopping!! And if you are ever in Spokane, check out Value Village. It is amazing!!

Then we drove a few hours to Yakima, where we will be until Monday. After checking into our hotel, we found a Olive Garden and ate dinner. There was a few minutes wait and we had fun taking these pictures with our boys, who are such travel troopers!!


This morning, we went to Ahtanum Pioneer Church. We went to Sunday School and learned all about the geography of Israel. Then Gus had the privilege of preaching in the main service on the Great Commission. The church is having a missions emphasis week and this service kicked off the week. It was an encouraging time with some really sweet believers. Here is Gus preaching...

Then we went out to lunch with the missions board, to get to know them and talk about Spain. We were so encouraged by their interest in Spain and missions. And once again were reminded of the privilege we have of meeting amazing believers all over, that we would have never met otherwise. Someone pointed out that one of the benefits of us having some extra time here, while we wait for our VISAS, is that we've been able to see parts of the US that we would probably have never seen. This is so true and I'm so thankful for it. Another benefit is also meeting even more amazing people; we are so thankful for our time in Yakima and look forward to returning one day to this sweet church!

1 comment:

  1. We have Value Village in Canada! I can't believe that thrift stores don't sort sizes here, it drives me crazy! haha! So glad you enjoyed it :)
    Enjoy WA!!!

    ReplyDelete