Well. I'm back. After a few months hiatus, I am ready to start blogging again.
I am not sure why I took such a long break. This past week I've been actually thinking a lot about my little ol' blog and why I just haven't been up to blogging for a few months.
I think blogging was starting to feel like something I had to do. And that just killed my desire to do it. I guess because there are so many other things in my life that I have to do, i.e. laundry, cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping, that I just couldn't bring myself to turn something fun like blogging into something I was starting to dread. So I just stopped.
We also finished a very busy period of ministry and travel so blogging also was set on the back burner of things that had to get done. Thankfully we are back and I feel refreshed and renewed after some time off and blogging is one of those things I hope to become more consistent with.
If I can put one more reason or excuse for my lack of blogging out there, I think I put expectations on myself and this blog that I could not live up to. There are so many blogs out there that are so much wiser and deeper and more "spiritual", if you will, than mine are. And I was kind of suffering from blog envy. A small part of me would like to have a blog that is as uplifting and encouraging as those blogs are. But, to be totally honest, I am not that great of a writer nor that profound of a thinker. My husband has encouraged me to try harder in this area, so I will, but I need to lower my expectations of myself for this blog.
Ok. That felt very cathartic to write all those excuses out! And thankfully, today, for some very odd reason, my desire returned. This morning, out of the blue, as I was wiping down my kitchen counters, all of a sudden I thought, "I'm ready. I need to blog. No more excuses. I want to blog." So voila! Here I am.
I hope to be more consistent in blogging once again. I was going to try and just start blogging about a trip we took a few days ago, but I just can't skip all the fun things we've done these past few months. So I hope you will stick with me as I catch up on our lives. Thanks for reading!
Yay!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're back:) Totally understand the log envy! I finally organised my photos after a few months break thus morning. Not sure when/if I'll get back to blogging.
ReplyDelete