On February 19th, my itty bitty Coen turned 2. My boys birthdays are always very bittersweet to me. It's a joy to see them grow up, become more independent, see their personality come out and get to know this little person more and more each year. But every birthday is also a reminder that they are one year older. (I am one year older too!) And one year farther away from that newborn we brought home from the hospital. Sniff!! Birthdays mark the passing of time in a way nothing else does. And that I need to embrace and relish each and every moment with the boys the Lord has given us. It can be easy for me to look forward to times when they are older and can do more things for themselves. To be exasperated as I step over one more lego toy that didn't get cleaned up. But birthdays always remind me that these little years are fleeting and I need to enjoy each and every moment.
For Coen's party, we invited just a few families from church who have children Coen's age. We kept it small and simple. Our perfect idea of a birthday party for our boys.
Coen is absolutely enthralled with animals. I always make a yummy layer cake for each boys birthday and put toys of their choice on top. A new set of animals decorated Coen's cake.
So thankful to the Lord and the family He has blessed me with
All throughout the night, Coen stood up in front of the cake to say "animals" and point the cake out to anyone who would look. So cute! I was glad that he enjoyed his cake.
One more good look at the animals on the cake!
We are so blessed by our little Coen and thankful to the Lord for bringing him into our lives.











No comments:
Post a Comment