Saturday, July 27, 2013

FBC 10th Anniversary

Next up on our calendar was a night in Orange County, to celebrate Faith Bible Church, of Ladera Ranch, 10th anniversary weekend celebration. We might as well have walked there because of the enormous amount of LA traffic we encountered!! Thankful for the lack of traffic in Spain-at least our town!

We stayed with our dearest friends, the Bucks; our boys loveloveLOVE this family and their girls and I  especially love watching our children interact. And, considering that they have 5 girls, we are really hoping at least one of these girls is a future wife for one of our boys!!

Sadly, I didn't take many pictures of the actual celebration festivities, because honestly, I was just enjoying the time too much to take pictures; at one point I think I even left the camera in the car! 

But, needless to say, we REALLY enjoyed our time with this church, and it just wetted our appetite for when we return in August. This church has been such an agent of blessing and encouragement to us in ways I could never fully express. We love them!

A definite highlight of the weekend was hearing Enfield play and listen to Milton Vincent preaching Sunday morning. Both were such blessings. 


Sunday also happened to be our 12th anniversary, so our friends babysat and we went out to Outback steakhouse. A bloomin' onion is always on the bill for us! As well as a good time of reflection on the past twelve years of marriage that God has given us. We know our marriage is a gift of God, and we don't want to take that, nor each other, for granted. Anniversary celebrations are always a great time for those reflections. 



The rest of this blog post is about those Buck kids and how darn cute they are! This family has such a special place in our hearts, and we're so thankful for them and their gracious hospitality. 



We love you Buck family!!

One last pic of Abby Buck who is one of the cutest things on this planet. She is currently putting on her mommy's Chapstick, legs dangling and lips pursed. Swoon!!

Goodbye FBC; we will see you very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment